Spring Creek Greenway Ambassador Training Schedule Spring 2015
Location: Spring Creek Greenway Nature Center - 1300 Riley Fuzzel Rd. Spring, 77386
Please note that the first day training date (Feb. 12th) is a mandatory attendance date in order to be enrolled in the Spring 5-week Ambassador program. There is no fee for any of the training program nor for the supplies provided, but we do ask attendees to become BLC members for insurance coverage purposes.
The first two classes are inside, all the rest are outside! One of the 5 trainings can be missed and still picked up in the summer trainings to be able to graduate. Two or more missed classes can be picked up in the summer, with graduation at a later fall date. The afternoon training on *Feb. 28th is not a required Ambassador training for graduation, but for those who would like to consider becoming Annual Surveyors (or their assistants!). This training does require the ability to move through thick vegetation and tolerate often unpleasant conditions (aka severe heat!).
(1) Orientation – Bayou Land Conservancy and the Ambassador Program
- Thursday evening, Feb. 12th – 6:30 pm – 8:00 pm
(2) Maps and trails of the Greenway / Nature Center Docent Training
- Thursday evening, Feb. 19th – 6:30 pm – 8 pm
(3) Environmental Education – Pond, invasives and nature identification
- Saturday morning, Feb. 21st – 9 am – noon – Field Day
(4) Learning how to blaze, maintain low-impact Trails on the Greenway
- Saturday morning, Feb. 28th – 9 am – noon – Field Day
- Extra Training - GPS Survey Monitoring –Sat. afternoon, Feb. 28th 1:00 pm – 3:30 pm
(5) Access Points - Spring Creek Greenway – 3 preserves in 3 hours!
- Saturday morning, March 7th – 9 am – noon – Field Day
RSVP at 281-576-1634 or at firstname.lastname@example.org